Ashill is a small village and civil parish in Somerset, England, situated 7 miles south of Taunton, and 3 miles north-west of Ilminster in the South Somerset District. The Parish includes the hamlets of Hastings, Kenny, Rapps, Southtown, Stewley, Windmill Hill and Wood. The parish is a strong rural community with a population of over 500.
Ashill is mentioned in the Domesday book for its extensive woodland, when it was known as 'Aiselle' (where the Ash tree grow) Hill due to the extensive woodland. The recorded population in 1086 was 21 households. By 1327 the village had become known as 'Asshulle'. The manor of Ashill passed from the de Vaux family to Sir Thomas Moulton by 1317, and then through the Stretche and Beauchamp families to the Spekes. The Speke family then built Jordans as their mansion. The mansion was demolished in the 1960's but the grotto/summer house (dating from 1828) in the grounds survives.