Ash Parish Council is an elected body of members of the parish of Ash which includes the village of Ash and the surrounding hamlets of Milton, Witcombe, Highway and Durnfield. Parish councils are funded by levying a precept collected with the Council Tax paid by residents of the parish. Parish councils have unpaid councillors who are elected to serve for 4 years, unless a casual vacancy arises which may be filled by a by-election or co-option. Our next Parish Council election will take place in 2023.
The role of Ash Parish Council is to:-
- represent the views of everyone living within the parish
- raise issues of public concern with other authorities such as Somerset County Council, South Somerset District Council and the Avon and Somerset Constabulary
- make planning recommendations
- support community projects to improve the overall quality of life in our parish
- set the annual budget and “precept”
- provide and maintain public areas and facilities including:-
- Ash Recreation Ground
- Children’s Play Area
- The Pavilion
- Ash Village Car Park
- The Churchyard
- Burial Ground
Parish Council Meetings are held on the first Monday of each month (except on Public Holidays) in the Pavilion and start at 7:30pm. These meetings are open to the public and anyone is welcome. There are opportunities during each meeting for members of the public to raise any issues.
To contact the Parish Council, please use the details below.
(Clerk to Ash Parish Council and Responsible Financial Officer)
Ash Parish Council
Tel:- 07783 475200 Clerk@ashpcsomerset.com
Steve Davey (Chair)
The Old Vicarage, Main Street, Ash